Labor and Employment
GSRM helps employers gain and sustain a competitive edge. GSRM Labor and Employment attorneys represent clients in all areas of employment law and in a variety of sectors including government, non-profits, and business throughout Tennessee and across the country. Our experience ranges from the creation of sound employment policies and procedures designed to mitigate potential disputes, to the defense of complex class action lawsuits. GSRM advises clients on a broad scope of substantive employment law matters, including:
- Executive compensation, physician and employment contracts
- Development of employment policies, handbooks and training materials
- Conducting engaging and informative employment training for management, executives, and employees
- Harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination and whistleblower claims
- Family and Medical Leave Act and employee absence and leave matters
- Americans with Disabilities Act and disability access/accommodation (including both employment and public accommodation matters)
- Occupational Safety and Health and workplace safety (GSRM has a dedicated OSH response team of attorneys experienced in OSH matters before federal and state agencies)
- Drug/alcohol testing, background checks and workplace privacy
- Reductions in force
- Immigration law compliance
- Non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Protecting trade secrets and business proprietary information
- Wage and hour and prevailing wage claims
- Class actions and multi-plaintiff defense
- Union and collective bargaining counsel and litigation
- Providing responsive and experienced counsel on-call to address employment and compliance issues
Human resource management requires proper planning to ensure preventative measures are in place to reduce the risks associated with employee complaints and lawsuits. GSRM works closely with clients to develop and maintain necessary policies and procedures to comply with applicable federal and state law, and to ensure that the appropriate employment agreements, employee handbooks and covenants not to compete are in place. GSRM’s Labor and Employment team is experienced in providing ongoing counsel to employers in a variety of industries with regard to developments in labor and employment law and mitigation of employment practice liability.
Despite a business’ best efforts to plan and establish preventative measures, employment disputes do arise. GSRM attorneys offer innovative solutions to assist clients in resolving disputes in an economical and cost efficient manner.
GSRM’s employment counsel and litigators provide thoughtful analysis, definitive solutions and powerful advocacy. Our trial attorneys maintain a long history of obtaining favorable results in trial and appellate courts throughout the country, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board, Occupational Safety and Health Administration and similar state agencies.